This weekend, I’ll be at the Vancouver Comics Arts Festival on May 23 & 24. It’s at the Roundhouse community center in Yaletown, and wow it’s going to be good. So many great artists to see, and it’s going to be bigger than ever this year. Hope you can make it out if you’re in the area. And admission is FREE!
I’ll be at table H9 (see the map below) and I’ll be selling and signing Savage Chickens books, Cat Adventure booklets, and – new this year – Dog Adventures! And I’ll have buttons, mugs, and t-shirts too.
On Saturday May 23 from 1:00 PM to 1:45 PM, I’m hosting a panel discussion called “Young at Heart: Comics for All Ages” featuring Joy Ang, Lucy Bellwood, Ian Boothby, and Nina Matsumoto. We’ll be talking about creating all-ages and kids comics. (And you’ll get a sneak peek at the new graphic novel project that I’m working on!)
Today I’m chatting about Savage Chickens with the guys at Where Monsters Dwell, an awesome radio show about comics and other good pop culture stuff. It’s at 8 PM EST, or 5 PM here on the west coast – here are the details.
Update: The recording of the interview is now available on Where Monsters Dwell!
I’m very excited to be a guest at Hal-Con 2014 this weekend in Halifax, Nova Scotia! Hope you can stop by and say hi – I’ll be at table 234, and I’ll be appearing at several events over the weekend:
Friday, November 7
– 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM: Starting Your Own Business. I’m on a panel discussion about the business side of comics, with Gisèle Lagacé and David Lumsdon.
– 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM: Book launch! HMS Bad Idea. It’s the launch of Peter Chiykowski’s new book. I’ll be helping out in my capacity as guest artist and sticky-note expert.
Saturday, November 8
– 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM: Promoting Your Work. Joel Duggan, Nick Bradshaw, and I will be chatting about how to get your work noticed out there in the world.
– 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM: The Stargazer Soiree. An evening shindig for all of the Hal-Con guests and special Warp Speed pass holders.
Sunday, November 9
– 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM: Big Press vs Small Press. Nick Bradshaw, Kalman Andrasofszky, Dan Parent, and I will be discussing our experiences working with large and small publishers.
– 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM: Webcomics. This one’s going to be a hoot. Peter Chiykowski, Kate Leth, Gisèle Lagacé, and I will be talking about the wonderful world of webcomics.
Not going to be there?
You can follow me on Instagram, where I’ll be posting photos of the convention. After the convention, I’m taking some vacation time in Halifax and while I’m away, I’m very excited to have my first ever Guest Cartoonist Week here at Savage Chickens. Guest artists start on Monday, so keep an eye out for some crazy stuff next week!
This weekend, I’m in the Hot One Inch Action show at the Hot Art Wet City gallery here in Vancouver. It’s a special one-night-only show on Saturday, September 27, 7 PM – 11 PM, featuring art on one-inch buttons.
When you arrive, you can buy a bag of random buttons for $5, and then the haggling begins as you try to trade for the buttons you really really want. Featuring fifty local artists and limited-edition buttons that you won’t see anywhere else, including one designed by yours truly.
Popular Topics3x4 3x5 3x6 3x7 3x8 3x10 Advertising Art Battle Bear Books Brain Business Cat Christmas Communication Danger Death Dogs Drinking Fear Food Horror Language Life Love Management Marketing Movies Music Pirate Poetry Productivity Psychology Robot Science Shakespeare Sleep Star Wars Superhero Talk Like A Pirate Television Tree Work Zombie