I was recently interviewed by Sara Zimmerman (creator of Unearthed Comics), and she had all sorts of interesting questions. Check it out here on Unearthed Comics to see what I say about my childhood, my day job, the chickens, and the special project I’m working on now!
And while you’re there, be sure to check out Sara’s awesome comics!
If you have any follow-up questions for me, throw them into the comments here and I’ll answer them!
Today I’m chatting about Savage Chickens with the guys at Where Monsters Dwell, an awesome radio show about comics and other good pop culture stuff. It’s at 8 PM EST, or 5 PM here on the west coast – here are the details.
Update: The recording of the interview is now available on Where Monsters Dwell!
I’m very excited to be a guest at Hal-Con 2014 this weekend in Halifax, Nova Scotia! Hope you can stop by and say hi – I’ll be at table 234, and I’ll be appearing at several events over the weekend:
Friday, November 7
– 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM: Starting Your Own Business. I’m on a panel discussion about the business side of comics, with Gisèle Lagacé and David Lumsdon.
– 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM: Book launch! HMS Bad Idea. It’s the launch of Peter Chiykowski’s new book. I’ll be helping out in my capacity as guest artist and sticky-note expert.
Saturday, November 8
– 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM: Promoting Your Work. Joel Duggan, Nick Bradshaw, and I will be chatting about how to get your work noticed out there in the world.
– 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM: The Stargazer Soiree. An evening shindig for all of the Hal-Con guests and special Warp Speed pass holders.
Sunday, November 9
– 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM: Big Press vs Small Press. Nick Bradshaw, Kalman Andrasofszky, Dan Parent, and I will be discussing our experiences working with large and small publishers.
– 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM: Webcomics. This one’s going to be a hoot. Peter Chiykowski, Kate Leth, Gisèle Lagacé, and I will be talking about the wonderful world of webcomics.
Not going to be there?
You can follow me on Instagram, where I’ll be posting photos of the convention. After the convention, I’m taking some vacation time in Halifax and while I’m away, I’m very excited to have my first ever Guest Cartoonist Week here at Savage Chickens. Guest artists start on Monday, so keep an eye out for some crazy stuff next week!
Here are the winners of this year’s Halloween contest! Thanks to everybody who entered! As always, there were tons of great ideas so it was difficult to pick the winners. Common themes were: crossing over to the other side, ghostly speech bubbles, automated message services of the beyond, and bowling balls mistaken as crystal balls. And the winners are…
The Grand Prize (a Savage Chickens book, a Cat Adventures book, and two sets of buttons):
“DJ Techno, if you can hear us, knock 3 times then drop a phat beat.” – by Mike P.
The Runner-up Prizes (a signed copy of the cat book):
“Was your grandfather in the army? I’m getting something about serving with Colonel Sanders.” – by Allen’s Brain
“Does anyone know a deceased family member, friend or acquaintance whose name begins with a letter of the alphabet?” – by Joonas N.
Congratulations to the winners! I’ll be in touch soon to get your address information. Thanks to everybody who participated this year! Hope you had a great Halloween!
Popular Topics3x4 3x5 3x6 3x7 3x8 3x10 Advertising Art Battle Bear Books Brain Business Cat Christmas Communication Danger Death Dogs Drinking Fear Food Horror Internet Language Life Love Management Marketing Movies Music Pirate Poetry Productivity Psychology Robot Science Shakespeare Sleep Star Wars Superhero Talk Like A Pirate Television Work Zombie