Today I’m chatting about Savage Chickens with the guys at Where Monsters Dwell, an awesome radio show about comics and other good pop culture stuff. It’s at 8 PM EST, or 5 PM here on the west coast – here are the details.
Update: The recording of the interview is now available on Where Monsters Dwell!
I’m very excited to be a guest at Hal-Con 2014 this weekend in Halifax, Nova Scotia! Hope you can stop by and say hi – I’ll be at table 234, and I’ll be appearing at several events over the weekend:
Friday, November 7
– 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM: Starting Your Own Business. I’m on a panel discussion about the business side of comics, with Gisèle Lagacé and David Lumsdon.
– 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM: Book launch! HMS Bad Idea. It’s the launch of Peter Chiykowski’s new book. I’ll be helping out in my capacity as guest artist and sticky-note expert.
Saturday, November 8
– 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM: Promoting Your Work. Joel Duggan, Nick Bradshaw, and I will be chatting about how to get your work noticed out there in the world.
– 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM: The Stargazer Soiree. An evening shindig for all of the Hal-Con guests and special Warp Speed pass holders.
Sunday, November 9
– 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM: Big Press vs Small Press. Nick Bradshaw, Kalman Andrasofszky, Dan Parent, and I will be discussing our experiences working with large and small publishers.
– 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM: Webcomics. This one’s going to be a hoot. Peter Chiykowski, Kate Leth, Gisèle Lagacé, and I will be talking about the wonderful world of webcomics.
Not going to be there?
You can follow me on Instagram, where I’ll be posting photos of the convention. After the convention, I’m taking some vacation time in Halifax and while I’m away, I’m very excited to have my first ever Guest Cartoonist Week here at Savage Chickens. Guest artists start on Monday, so keep an eye out for some crazy stuff next week!
This weekend, I’m in the Hot One Inch Action show at the Hot Art Wet City gallery here in Vancouver. It’s a special one-night-only show on Saturday, September 27, 7 PM – 11 PM, featuring art on one-inch buttons.
When you arrive, you can buy a bag of random buttons for $5, and then the haggling begins as you try to trade for the buttons you really really want. Featuring fifty local artists and limited-edition buttons that you won’t see anywhere else, including one designed by yours truly.
The Vancouver Comic Arts Festival is this weekend on May 24 and 25, and I’m going to be there! It’s at the Roundhouse Community Centre in Vancouver, and admission is FREE! And there are going to be even more amazing artists this year! Here are the details!
I’ll be at table H2 and I’ll be selling Savage Chickens books, and my Cat Adventures booklets, buttons, and t-shirts. This year I’m bringing kids’ sizes for the shirts, and I’m introducing a new set of buttons!
On Sunday May 25, from 11:00 AM to 11:45 AM, I’m hosting a panel discussion called “Comedy in the Comics: How To Be Hilarious”. I’m very happy to have Angela Melick, Ian Boothby, and Kris Straub join me for a chat about how we write funny comics. Come learn our comedy secrets!
Popular Topics3x4 3x5 3x6 3x7 3x8 3x9 3x10 Battle Bear Business Cat Christmas Communication Danger Death Dog Drinking Fear Food Internet Language Lazy Life Love Management Marketing Meeting Movies Music Nature Parenting Pirate Productivity Psychology Robot Science Shakespeare Sleep Star Wars Superhero Television Time Tree Work Zombie
Adventures in ComicsTo see what else I'm up to, visit me at www.dougsavage.com.